Today, metallic epoxy ranks as one of the most popular floor coatings we at Concrete Mystique Engraving offer for garage floors and other spaces. Metallic epoxy flooring consists of multiple layers to which we add metallic colors. The effect is a dynamic, 3-D surface that is unique.
What Is Metallic Epoxy Flooring?
Metallic epoxy creates one-of-a-kind effects because we use pigment powders. These metallic colors mix into the epoxy and continue to swirl as the surface cures. The result is a breathtaking design that may remind you of the surface similar to a pearl or lava flow.
No two floors are ever alike. This statement holds even if you use the exact quantities of metallic coats from two epoxy floor kits from the same batch.
The Benefits of Metallic Epoxy Floor Coatings
There are several advantages to a metallic epoxy flooring design:
- Easy to clean
- Highly durable
- Stronger than concrete
- Resists cracks, peeling, and scratches
- Several color formulations and additive options
How to Choose the Right Color and Style
Choosing the right color and style can be overwhelming. We recommend contacting our team and explaining the look you wish to achieve. Let our professionals make suggestions on how to proceed.
Maintenance Tips for Metallic Epoxy Flooring
Maintaining your new floor is simple with these tips:
- Sweep or vacuum regularly: If you’re using metallic epoxy flooring in the garage, your car may grind grit into the surface. As a result, the surface will become scratched if the grit stays in place for a long time.
- Use appropriate cleaners: Soap-based cleaners leave a residue on the surface that makes it hazy over time. Stick to cleaning with warm water and a sturdy mop for the best results. When necessary, use soft soap.
- Spot cleaning: Don’t feel you always need to scrub the floor. Try to clean up spills with a vacuum and then mop up any residue.
- Heavy soiling: If there is a lot of dirt, vacuum as much dust as possible, then use hot water to clear as much residue as possible. Follow with a mixture of clear ammonia and water to clean. Mix no more than two or three ounces of ammonia to one gallon.
- Stains: You might have tough-to-remove stains like rust that won’t wash away. You can use a mildly abrasive brush or scrubbing pad, but nothing like steel wool. Furthermore, avoid harsh detergents or acidic agents as they’ll damage the finish.
- Chemicals: Epoxy withstands most chemicals, but you should clean spills as soon as possible. Mop up as much of the substance as possible with towels and wash away the rest to avoid it chemically affecting the epoxy layer.
Get Your Free Estimate Today
Do you want to make a statement in your home, business, or garage? Would you like to create a show-stopping floor? Metallic epoxy flooring is an excellent way to start.
Speak to Concrete Mystique Engraving by calling (615) 828 3806 to discuss your project. We’ll help you achieve the look you want for your home or business.